Noun(1) a neutral or uncommitted person (especially in politics(2) a writer or artist who sells services to different employers without a long-term contract with any of them
Adjective(1) free from external control and constraint(2) (of political bodies(3) (of a clause, or independent(4) not controlled by a party or interest group
(1) And the Federal Bureau of Investigation is also conducting an independent investigation.(2) Because I wanted her to be independent and not to have to depend on some man for her living├ö├ç┬¬(3) They are remarkably independent and self reliant and this is what drives me mad!(4) That is a perfect example of the philosophy of the office of the independent counsel in this investigation.(5) In 1948 the island, then an independent country, voted in a referendum to become the 10th province of Canada.(6) Positive and negative feedback are not independent from each other.(7) They argue for a multilevel approach with conceptually independent but ontologically connected domains.(8) They have great scripts, great acting, an independent voice and are marketable.(9) Her music career, like her acting career, is as independent as she is.(10) They falsely pretend to be impartial and independent , or patronisingly portray themselves to be the same as ordinary people.(11) Such an argument suggests that language acquisition and language socialization are independent from each other.(12) Bangladesh later separated from Pakistan and East Timor which at the time was a Portuguese colony but is now an independent country.(13) Action is required now to ensure the allocation of all Lottery money is independent and free from the control of politicians.(14) There are more than 70 independent schools in Scotland - just under a quarter of which are in and around Edinburgh.(15) There is an area that remains more or less independent of the control of the government.(16) And if there's a food place with a good write up in the independent travellers' bible, lo and behold, many food shops change their names to match.
(1) independent variable :: variàbbili nnipinnenti
(2) independent of :: indipendente di
(3) independent contractor :: custruzzioni nnipinnenti
(4) be independent :: esse indipendente
(5) independent clause :: soggiru nnipinnenti
(6) become independent :: divintatu indipendente
(7) financially independent :: financially nnipinnenti
(8) independent country :: paese indipendente
(9) being independent :: essa indipindenti
(10) independent state :: statu nnipinnenti
1. self-governing ::
2. separate ::
3. private ::
4. self-sufficient ::
5. impartial ::
7. main ::
8. freelancer ::
9. mugwump ::
1. dependent ::
independent, independently, independents, nonindependent
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Wouldn't you feel better about yourself
if you were more INDEPENDENT?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
"but a free and INDEPENDENT
Kingdom of the North."
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
The new job. You're excited
about being financially INDEPENDENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
From this time till the end of time,
we are a free and INDEPENDENT kingdom.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
It would be nice to raise Halley to be
a little more INDEPENDENT than you were.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
English to Corsican Dictionary: independent
Meaning and definitions of independent, translation in Corsican
language for independent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of independent in Corsican and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'independent'
What independent means in Corsican, independent meaning
in Corsican, independent
definition, examples and pronunciation
of independent in Corsican language.