Noun(1) a person's social heritage: previous experience or training(2) the part of a scene (or picture(3) information that is essential to understanding a situation or problem(4) extraneous signals that can be confused with the phenomenon to be observed or measured(5) relatively unimportant or inconspicuous accompanying situation(6) the state of the environment in which a situation exists(7) (computer science(8) scenery hung at back of stage
Verb(1) understate the importance or quality of
(1) The questions below include many from her work, as well as some more general cultural background questions.(2) Pieces consists of a dark red background with dark green plantlike forms on top.(3) she has a background in nursing(4) after that evening, she remained in the background(5) The sound quality is poor here… in many instances the background noise overwhelms any dialogue.(6) Otherwise, this is a mostly front-heavy track that utilizes some ambient sounds or background noises.(7) These organizations emerged against the background of a deepening economic and political crisis and an increasing entrenchment of racism.(8) Yet he struggled with contempt for his social background and deficient education.(9) There is a whole system at work here, chugging along quietly in the background , unnoticed, and when you stop to think about it, its just awesome!(10) However, they fail to provide any supplementary advice for the situation where the cook twiddles with a roast while the owner of the kitchen hangs around crossly in the background .(11) background information(12) Over here there's a poker game, then there's this drunk that keeps coming into the room, and in the background there's a couple checking into the hotel.(13) ‘It's not something that comes to the forefront, it's always in the background ,’ he says.(14) the political and economic background(15) Another line of evidence that the universe began is the cosmic radiation background .(16) after that evening, Athens remained in the background
(1) in the background :: in fondo
(2) background color :: culore fond
(3) background music :: mùsica, fondo
(4) background information :: infurmazione fond
(5) family background :: fond a famiglia
(6) background noise :: Allura s'affacciau fond
(7) academic background :: fond accademicu
(8) background knowledge :: cunniscenze, fondo
(9) cultural background :: patrimoni cultural
1. backdrop ::
2. social circumstances ::
3. experience ::
5. desktop ::
6. background knowledge ::
7. setting ::
8. backcloth ::
9. ground ::
10. play down ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...freeing my prefrontal cortex
to work quietly in the BACKGROUND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
Well, I did a comprehensive
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
- What happened?
- The BACKGROUND interviews didn't go well.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
I mean, they're highly-trained educators
with BACKGROUND checks.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
And the absence of BACKGROUND noise may
mean they weren't calling from the street.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
English to Corsican Dictionary: background
Meaning and definitions of background, translation in Corsican
language for background with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of background in Corsican and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'background'
What background means in Corsican, background meaning
in Corsican, background
definition, examples and pronunciation
of background in Corsican language.